UPS Maintenance Bay Area Is What We Do!
UPS units are complex yet important pieces of high-tech equipment you need for your business. But, like with any other electronic item, these need UPS maintenance bay area.
Below, we will be talking about the 3 most common reasons for equipment failure, as well as how often each component should be checked for preventative measures.
The 3 Most Common Failures
Your UPS unit should receive UPS maintenance Bay Area as per the manufacturer's recommendations. But, the 3 most common reasons for power failure include:
- Batteries: This is the main component of the UPS system. Batteries are usually required to receive UPS maintenance at least on an annual basis. This includes inspections, as well as preventative maintenance.
- Capacitors: The capacitor stores and releases electrical energy. These will degrade over time and need to be checked.
- Fans Inside UPS: Yes, there are fans inside the unit; these either run on an electrical or mechanical restriction and need to be checked as well.
Benefits Of UPS Maintenance Bay Area
- Maximize the amount of uptime
- Reduce outages
- Improve energy efficiency within the unit
- Prolong the life of the unit
- Avoid common risks as mentioned above
Regular maintenance of Bay Area businesses using backup power is the easiest and most cost-efficient way to ensure that your UPS unit lasts for as long as possible. The biggest and most important thing here is to make sure you find a company that offers all of the services you need. This company should:
- Have a well-documented track record in the industry
- Have trained service people to maintain and check your UPS unit
- Have a good reputation
- Be well-qualified
This company should specifically deal with UPS units and UPS maintenance.
- Batteries should be inspected annually, VRLA batteries should be replaced every 3-5 years and wet cell batteries need to be replaced as needed.
- Capacitors: These should be inspected annually and replaced every 5-7 years.
- Fans: Fans should be verified and checked annually and replaced every 7 years.
- Air Filters: These should be checked monthly and replaced as needed.
- Lug Terminals: These should have an annual visual inspection as well as thermal inspection.
It doesn't matter what type of UPS unit you have, they all contain high-wear, high-use components that have to be checked.
If you need UPS maintenance Bay Area for your UPS Unit, please contact Nite and Day Power for more information.